Hello and thanks for looking at my blog. I am a complete beginner but hope to show you some of the things I have been working on.

Thursday 13 October 2011

Knitting

As well as card making and painting, I'm also a keen knitter.  Although I knitted for my children when they were small I'd got out of the habit but took it up again when convalescing after knee surgery.  I joined a group that knits for charity and my needles hve been clicking ever since. I also join a group knitting for ourselves and have recently formed a group in our local branch library in a bid to keep it open.

Here is a childs jacket made from self patterning wool.  It was admired so much I thought I would share it with you.

I've also become obsessed with curly scarves



Here are just  a few!

I've also been knitting hats and scarves for the elderly.  This was a request from the fire service so they can hand them out to pensioners who can't afford to run the heating.  It's scandalous isn't it? 



No comments:

Post a Comment